Monday, February 15, 2010

About me!

Hi, my name is Catie Rosenthal. I grew up in Norman, Oklahoma, and consider myself a proud native despite having been away for a few years. Right now, I'm away in Boston, MA, where I'm getting a PhD in economic history and working on a dissertation on the evolution of accounting and numerical record keeping during the industrial revolution. Before coming up here, I was a consultant with McKinsey & Company where I specialized in consulting for non-profits (but also worked for lots of businesses!).

I'm starting this blog in support of Cindy Rosenthal--my mom!! She has been mayor of Norman for the last three years, and before that she served on city council. Before that, she was a tireless volunteer, and she still is a great mom. She's also a professor at OU. Over the past three years, I have watched her work incredibly hard. She's the kind of politician who isn't political. She listens to everyone and tries to find a solutions that work for everyone--she stands up for her principles, but also recognizes that others have different priorities.

The election is only a few weeks away, and even thought I can't be in Norman, I had to do something. The election has gotten so dirty: every day when I call home, there are new lies and rumors... none of them true!

No comments:

Post a Comment